“THE SOUL OF INDIA LIVES IN IT’S VILLAGES” – Mahatma Gandhiji
M I S I (Make – In – Soul of – India)
As Gandhiji said that India lives primarily in villages. But when we talk of India’s progress or achievement, we only think of the standard of living in cities.
The quiet, green space, cocooned amidst the worst of city life, is testament to changing priorities and a newfound balance that civilization is seeking with nature. As people living in cities we’ve lost a connection with our food. We don’t know where it comes from and who’s growing it. Most people don’t know how to go about growing their own food: what to grow where, or how much to produce but all of us knows one thing is that “we are eating GMO food and chemically processed food but not at all like our ancestors.
“Urban children rarely get a chance to connect to ground realities, and our initiative is a step in that direction, we do not expect all young people to become farmers. But we do want them to become responsible, young consumers. Every children should know “the value of the food on their plate.” “We just waste food for no reason.
MISI farms giving an opportunity to work in the fields to realize how wrong that is,” “how hard a farmer works to feed all of us?” “How our ancestors are lead the life with chemical free foods. MISI thought going back to the basics is being recognized as vital to sustainable development.
We should agree and encourage children today and actually need to be told that it’s okay to get hands dirty on fields!” We’ve made it our mission in life to connect children to nature.”
MISI Farm Fresh Foods planning many farms around the city. One of the farm at Chikkadasarahalli, Neriga panchayat is our first integrated farm. It’s about 20 acres farm, out of that 15+ acres for fodder and other activities, 3 acres gated compound with good infrastructure for Goshala, which is having only pure Indian breed GIR cows, milk and other milk products preparation structure, Organic manure and Fertilizers preparation, Cold press oils production, rearing of Country chicken (Desi/Nati Koli breeds), Sheep/Goat and many more…
MISI farms is giving an opportunity to provide spiritual sevas and to do some services to Gomathas (Indian Desi Cows). If you’re really motivated and really serious about it, please join us. We will together serve Gomathas. Your farm visit may require some physical effort. It’s not a place for family trip. Do visit the farm regularly, interacting with the farmers and our staff, you will get to know how your food is grown and produced, MISI farms promises that experience has turned out to be fun filled joy with a valuable educational experience, especially for kids in the family.
Farm stay @ your contribution to the farm:
Our farm doors will be open for all to visit, but authorized customers/persons only can stay in our farm. If you are interested- you can do multiple activities by taking care of the cows like bathing cows, grooming cows, cutting and chopping grass for feeding, cleaning cow shed and puja in the evening, make your own hand churned butter, Ghee, unrefined oils, you can also look at the other animals and play if you are interested and also look after the vegetable and fruit gardens. Other than these services, you can also help to keep the farm clean and tidy.
Few things to note
- This is not a resort and not for a family trip
- Since this is a working farm, at times we may not be able to spend quality time with everybody, you can learn/experience by working with us.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- You need to make your food. We have cooking gas and enough utensils for you to cook just like our ancestors. We have basic groceries in the room.
- You need to bring rice, vegetables and other grocery items you may like for cooking.
- You can also cook outside with wooden stove. We provide clay pots to cook outside.
- We will provide 500ml of Gir cow milk in the morning and evening.
- We will provide cot which will accommodate 2 people can sleep. Other 2 can sleep on the floor.
- We will provide blankets, you can bring in extra blankets as it gets colder in the night.
- Bring sweater or jacket as its bit cold in the night. During day time normal clothing is enough.
- Please wear appropriate footwear (comfortable sandals or shoes and avoid high heeled footwear) and bring a hat.
- Get an additional set of clothes for small children, in case they decide to play in the water or slush.
- We discourage use of plastic in the farm. If it is unavoidable, we expect you to carry back all your non-biodegradable items from the farm.
- If you are interested you can arrange your own campfire with your own expenses, we will provide the facilities for the same.
- Please let us know in advance (at least a week) about your visit and number of people (max 8 numbers including children can be accommodated at a time in 2 rooms).
- There is absolutely no fee to stay in our farm. It will be our honor to have you.
- You can get in touch with us at email@example.com or 9663058248.
By visiting MISI farms, learn farming & experience the joy of growing and preparing your own chemical free food.
-MISI Farms team
We are located in Chikkadasarahalli village, Nerige Panchayat, Anekal Taluk, Bangalore-562125.
- 51km from International Airport,
- 30km from Majestic and Hebbal,
- 20km from Electronic city and Koramangala,
- 17km from Marthahalli and Bellandur,
- 12km from Whitefield and Channasandra,
- 8km from Varthur and Gunjur,
- 5km from Sarjapur and Dommasandra.